Small business beware! This company had a sales rep meet with me to try and sell me on a whole host of products for advertising my business. I wouldn't budge on anything, especially internet related, because I am very well positioned online. But, he did sell me on signing up for 1 year of print phone book Yellow Pages where I would only have to pay if a prospect called me, called Pay Per Call.
I figured that the $13-$16 per call would be worth it because if they called, I'd have a very good chance of converting it into business that would pay for that cost. Here's what you don't realize and how they get you...98% of your calls will be "unknown" wrong numbers, or telemarketers calling you where you'll have 0% chance of business but YP will get paid 100% from you. YP makes a ton of money and you don't...in fact, you end up having to pay a ton of money for absolutely nothing in return. It's a complete scam and I think they might even be behind a lot of the unknown numbers calling...if they even just did this once or twice a month for every number in the phone book, they'd make a fortune...I'm sure they do it way more often than that and you can't prove it's not them.
They don't work with you and they force you to pay for the non-business phone calls from telemarketers and unknown numbers. You also get a lot of calls from people asking you for referrals to other types of businesses...some in which your business isn't even remotely related to. You can't possibly know these are almost the only calls you'll receive before you sign up...and you have to pay for all of these calls that do nothing for your business!
Don't let yourself get sucked into this fraudulent scam like I did in Orlando, FL. I am looking at joining a class action lawsuit against Yellow Pages.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Phone Book Listing
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR----> DO NOT BUY anything from Buy Squad. Honestly, after researching on this company, I feel so *** to fall for their "low price" ;0( I ordered..."
- "To Frontier Communications, As a internet service provider across the United States of America, you lay claim to the largest rural provider of Internet, and Telecommunications. While you are quite content..."
- "I have never complained about the 4G service that I have been getting from Ooredoo Kuwait, until about the second half of 2015. Before the mass roll-out of Ooredoo's more..."
- "We purchased King Size Restonic Mattress set in May 2010. First set they sent was the wrong set so we had to wait for the right set to be sent...."
- "3rd time and still can't get it right. Buyer Beware. Mattress Firm located in Kissimmee at the loop area very poor customer service and poor products. This is how my mattress that..."
- "Do not get sucked into a franchise you cannot manage because of cut throat profits and unfair treatment of dealers. Not only that type of behavior, but also hiding..."
- "I have made the mistake of purchasing 2 leather sofa's in which the pillows tend to keep propping out and we keep sinking into the back of the sofa and..."
- " I bought a brand-new Turbo razor from Bert's first trip out and had a crankcase seal leaking took it in the service department everybody said oh yeah will take..."
- "I ordered this for a 5 year old child's birthday. The item arrived weeks later - nowhere did it disclose on the site that it was coming from CHINA by..."