Small business beware! This company had a sales rep meet with me to try and sell me on a whole host of products for advertising my business. I wouldn't budge on anything, especially internet related, because I am very well positioned online. But, he did sell me on signing up for 1 year of print phone book Yellow Pages where I would only have to pay if a prospect called me, called Pay Per Call.
I figured that the $13-$16 per call would be worth it because if they called, I'd have a very good chance of converting it into business that would pay for that cost. Here's what you don't realize and how they get you...98% of your calls will be "unknown" wrong numbers, or telemarketers calling you where you'll have 0% chance of business but YP will get paid 100% from you. YP makes a ton of money and you don't...in fact, you end up having to pay a ton of money for absolutely nothing in return. It's a complete scam and I think they might even be behind a lot of the unknown numbers calling...if they even just did this once or twice a month for every number in the phone book, they'd make a fortune...I'm sure they do it way more often than that and you can't prove it's not them.
They don't work with you and they force you to pay for the non-business phone calls from telemarketers and unknown numbers. You also get a lot of calls from people asking you for referrals to other types of businesses...some in which your business isn't even remotely related to. You can't possibly know these are almost the only calls you'll receive before you sign up...and you have to pay for all of these calls that do nothing for your business!
Don't let yourself get sucked into this fraudulent scam like I did in Orlando, FL. I am looking at joining a class action lawsuit against Yellow Pages.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Phone Book Listing
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Hello! I am reporting from Cleveland, Ohio and I was introduced to the ACN opportunity by my girlfriends parents, Corey and Tonya Anderson. I visited their home at Thanksgiving to..."
- "On Friday evening a DirecTV employee accessed my roof and trespassed illegally. There were a total of 6 signs that this technician ignored. Not only did he set off the..."
- "Directv account number:76802935Within the past 7 months I have encountered a repetitive problem with Directv's install that has caused damage to my Yamaha A.V.R. and Mitsubishi TV. The first time..."
- "(I will put this view at all sites as I can, I was injured and not refunded or compensated at all. My e-mail is email@example.com and destinia reservation was 2511132..."
- "Do not get sucked into a franchise you cannot manage because of cut throat profits and unfair treatment of dealers. Not only that type of behavior, but also hiding..."
- "On January 15th 2015 I usually would go to Ace elite and personally deposit my paycheck I have been a regular customer for quite sometime now and decided to try..."
- "Disappointing service by Dynamite CLothing I placed an online order for 2 dresses on Nov 28,2016 and selected "2 day delivery" by paying $20 extra. Items were shipped on Nov..."
- "Choxi ripped me off for over 100.00! I kept asking when my items would be shipped and would receive replies from their 'customer service' dept., saying they were doing everything..."
- "I purchased a box of crackers and each pack had what looked like and crumbled like peanut butter. I was completely disappointed and call the manufacturer and they stated it..."